Join Our Heaven’s Elect Team!
Are you looking for a job with nights and weekends off? Join our Heaven’s Elect family! We are looking for both full and part-time assistants. If you love kids and are at least 18 years old, we’d love to meet with you! Stop by Heaven’s Elect Christian Learning Center and fill out an application!
Assistant Caregiver Hourly: $9.65-$11.00, based on qualifications and experience
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of a Lead teacher, assistant caregivers are responsible for ensuring the children’s safety and security assigned to their care. Our goal is to provide a happy and nurturing environment, not only for the children but also for our staff. We are looking for energetic, dedicated, motivated, loving, and dependable caregivers to fill this role.
Our Vision: We are committed to providing high-quality, dependable, and developmentally appropriate care. To promote and encourage learning, caregivers will engage children in age-appropriate hands-on activities where they can explore and learn from their surroundings. We will nurture each child’s social, emotional, physical, intellectual, moral, and spiritual well-being through creative play, positive adult interactions, and parent collaboration.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide direct care, education, supervision, and guidance to children
Assistant Teacher Requirements:
- Assistant caregivers must be at least 18 years of age.
- School-age drivers must be at least 21 years of age and have a clean driving record.
- Up-to-date CPR and First Aid Certification within 90 days of employment
- Before contact with children, applicants must obtain a comprehensive background check.
- Documentation of evidence that the applicant is free from tuberculosis is verified within one year before employment.
- Complete training required by the State of Michigan.
- High school diploma or GED
- One year or more of childcare experience